Tuesday 7 June 2011

Loving it all

I used to find there were good jobs and bad jobs, some bookings would be really into what I do, others would be unresponsive.

You wouldn't believe how much this helps. A caricaturist feeds off that vibe and it helps add a confidence to the drawings.

This weekend was a beauty. Despite the fact that I've been having trouble with my shoulder over the last couple of weeks (no doubt a form of RSI) I had the great pleasure of not only drawing my victorian caricatures at the Rochester Dickens Festival, but I had three weddings to attend, all of which were stunning events with great people.

It is indeed a strange thing to leave the hustle and bustle of a festival to arrive at a peaceful wedding setting. 

Thursday I was up to Surrey for a wedding at Oaks Farm Barn, a great location that I had never been to. Friday took me to The Mountains Country House, a regular venue of mine that is always a pleasure, and on Saturday I attended a wedding in Yalding which was something of a novelty. I used to go to Yalding for days out with my parents when I was a child. It is an amazing little village just outside of Maidstone with an impressive river running through it.. well worth a visit on a warm day. So nice for a venue to give me a sense of nostalgia.

Right then, I'd better make preparations.. tonight I have a last minute booking in Bedfordshire and I have no idea what to expect. 





No comments:

Post a Comment