Saturday 18 June 2011

Bender Crack Corn & the Rocky Horror

On Thursday evening my friends and I took a trip down to Canterbury to watch a crazy costumed skiffle group rock out hits from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
I had met the band, Bender Crack Corn at a wedding a few months back (see previous blog) and following drawing their caricature they kindly gave me one of their cds, which has been playing endlessly in my car on long journeys.
The Beer Cart Arms was reasonably quiet when we arrived for a drink at 7pm but by the time the band came on for their headlining gig the place was heaving with roaring fans, some costumed themselves.
It was great to see The Monster Mash, Sweet Transvestite and a whole load of Rocky Horror hits given the skiffle twist. Great night had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment